It is exactly 10 PM..you are probably in bed because you have been up since 5:05 AM. I am sitting on the couch with a cold nose; we have a draft coming through the picture window that could blow out birthday candles. I have two balls of yarn resting on one side, another ball caked on my leg and yet another ball on the other side of me. I have spent all my down time tonight looking at patterns on Ravelry. I finished a wonderful cowl this morning made out of Manos. It is perfect....now I need about 5 more and have been scouring Ravelry and checking my stash to decide what to cast on next. I leave on Sunday for my business trip and must have the best project...or 5 to bring with me. It is a hard decision, because what if I get there and I hate the project I have with me? I will never make it the week with a boring project AND no children. I will bring way too many books also for the same reason...what if the one I chose sucks and I need something else. What if I am feeling like chic lit and all I have is a mystery? I am a bit less worried about the books at the moment because I will bring my kindle and can always choose a new book to download...but I cannot just choose a new project with yarn to download at a moment's notice.
I have made progress on the DAMN sweater. One sleeve and side is sewn; leaving only the other sleeve/side and collar. I need to finish these by the end of the week since we will be celebrating Christmas with my Dad the Sunday I return. I cannot wait to have this sweater out of my house...I may ask my Dad not to wear it around me.
I am almost done with the Cowl for my mom...so close. I tried to finish it while watching multiple episodes of the Deadliest Catch Season 4, but I still have a little. I bought my sister a ring and a bracelet for Christmas so now I don't have to knit her anything. I am going to keep the yarn for myself, for another cowl. I am feeling some knitting urgency. It is cold here and I need knit items to keep me warm! I need to finish the flip top mittens from last year; they will be warm.
Well, I must go snuggle in bed with my husband....he is so toasty.
No comments:
Post a Comment